My property is leasehold, can Flood Re help me?

June 19, 2018

Leasehold properties may qualify for support from Flood Re as long as they:

  1. match our definition of a dwelling,
  2. are insured under the contracted obligations of the leaseholder

It’s unusual for short-term leaseholders to have this obligation. Usually, it’s handled by the owner of the freehold.

However, if the building can’t be covered, insurers can ask still us to cover the flood risk part of a Contents insurance policy or the Contents in a Combined policy, as long as the property qualifies.

Popular FAQs