We are planning on buying a holiday home. We’ve been told it may be difficult to get insurance as it’s in a flood risk area. Will this be included in the Flood Re Scheme?

June 25, 2018

If the insurance policy is in your name and meets our criteria, then Flood Re should help your holiday home. It has to be in a Council Tax band, built prior to January 2009, and used for residential purposes. The policyholder or their immediate family must live in the home for some or all of the time, or the home must be unoccupied.

Popular FAQs